All Staff representing the club must follow and sign a Code of Ethics and Conduct document the details of which are below.
MILDENHALL & DISTRICT SWIMMING CLUB
Code of Ethics and Conduct
All Staff representing the club must:
- Put the well being, health and safety of members above all considerations including developing performance.
- Comply with the codes, rules and laws within the guidelines set out by the ASA.
- Work without discrimination on the grounds of race, colour, language, religion, birth or social status as set out in the equal opportunities policy.
- Respect the basic human rights, worth and dignity of each member.
- Not encourage swimmers, volunteers, officials or parents to violate the rules of the club or the sport.
- Observe the authority and the decisions of all officials.
- Encourage all swimmers to obey the spirit of the rules and laws both in and out of the pool.
- Ensure that all teaching and training and competition programmes are appropriate for the age, ability and experience of the individual swimmer.
- Treat other competitors and teams with respect, in victory and defeat.
- Be able to present evidence of qualifications on request.
- Treat all personal information about individual members as confidential except in exceptional circumstances regarding health and safety, medical requirements, disciplinary action or in accordance with ASA Child Protection procedures and guidelines.
- Display the highest standards of personal hygiene.
- Not drink alcohol or smoke either before or during teaching or coaching sessions or competitions.
- Seek ways of and be willing to increase the development of their current qualifications.
For a copy of the form please see attachecd – Code of Ethics Form