Mildenhall & District Swim Club (MDSC) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. For any personal data you provide for the purposes of your membership, MDSC is the Data Controller and is responsible for storing and otherwise processing that data in a fair, lawful, secure and transparent way.
What personal data we hold on you
You may give us information about you when corresponding with us on-line, via e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register with the Club. The information you give us may include your name, date of birth, gender, address, contact details (e-mail address, phone number etc), bank details and any other swim clubs with which you are registered. We may also ask for relevant health information, GP information and other data.
Why we need your personal data
The reason we need your Data is to be able to administer your membership, and provide the membership services you are signing up to when you register with the club. Our lawful basis for processing your personal is that we have a contractual obligation to you as a member to provide the services you are registering for.
Reasons we need to process your data include:
For training and competition entry
- sharing personal data with club coaches or poolside helpers to administer training sessions;
- sharing personal data with club coaches/team managers to enter events;
- sharing personal data with leagues, county associations and other competition providers for entry in events.
For funding and reporting purposes
- sharing anonymised data with a funding partner as condition of grant funding e.g. Local Authority;
- sending club information as a club member
For membership and club management
- processing of membership forms and payments;
- sharing data with committee members to provide information about club activities, membership renewals or invitation to social events;
- publishing of race and competition results
Marketing and communications (where separate consent is provided)
- sending information about selling and buying club kit, merchandise or fundraising.
Any special category health data we hold on you is only processed for the purpose of passing health data to coaches and team managers to allow the safe running of training sessions, open meets and galas. We process this data on the lawful basis of consent. Therefore, we will also need your explicit consent to process this data, which we will ask for and at the start of each year, in respect of training sessions, and before you swim in any galas and open meets, if we do not already have your consent.
The club also operates a social media site (Facebook) and all eligible members are free to join. If you join Facebook, please note that the provider of the social media platform(s) have their own privacy policies and that the club do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data on the club social media pages.
Who we share your personal data with
When you become a member of the Club, you will also automatically be registered as a member of Swim England. We will provide Swim England with your Swim Data which they will use to enable access to the ASA Rankings portal.
We will also share your data with:
- Club coaches or poolside helpers to administer training sessions
- Club coaches/team managers to enter events
- Leagues, county associations and other competition providers for entry in events.
The Club does not supply any personal data it holds for this purpose to any other third party.
How long we hold your personal data
We will hold your personal data on file indefinitely for as long as you are a member with us. Your data is not processed for any further purposes other than those detailed in this policy.
If you leave the club, you have the right to request for your data to be erased, which we will do so in secure manner.
Your rights regarding your personal data
As a data subject you may have the right at any time to request access to, rectification or erasure of your personal data; to restrict or object to certain kinds of processing of your personal data, including direct marketing; to the portability of your personal data and to complain to the UK’s data protection supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office about the processing of your personal data.
As a data subject you are not obliged to share your personal data with the Club. If you choose not to share your personal data with us we may not be able to register or administer your membership.